PowerSploit is an opensource, offensive Microsoft PowerShell toolkit that has been coded to help penetration testers in almost all phases of an assignment. It can help you perform reconnaissance and also help you to elevate your privileges and maintain access.
PowerSploit has modules that help you perform AV bypass, execute arbitrary code, exfiltrate data, cause general disturbance on the system, persist code, help in network reconnaissance and perform low-level code execution and code injection/modification.
Features of PowerSploit:
CodeExecution – Execute code on a target machine.
- Invoke-DllInjection – Injects a Dll into the process ID of your choosing.
- Invoke-ReflectivePEInjection – Reflectively loads a Windows PE file (DLL/EXE) in to the powershell process, or reflectively injects a DLL in to a remote process.
- Invoke-Shellcode – Injects shellcode into the process ID of your choosing or within PowerShell locally.
- Invoke-WmiCommand – Executes a PowerShell ScriptBlock on a target computer and returns its formatted output using WMI as a C2 channel
ScriptModification – Modify and/or prepare scripts for execution on a compromised machine.
- Out-EncodedCommand – Compresses, Base-64 encodes, and generates command-line output for a PowerShell payload script.
- Out-CompressedDll – Compresses, Base-64 encodes, and outputs generated code to load a managed dll in memory.
- Out-EncryptedScript – Encrypts text files/scripts.
- Remove-Comment – Strips comments and extra whitespace from a script.
Persistence – Add persistence capabilities to a PowerShell script.
- New-UserPersistenceOption – Configure user-level persistence options for the Add-Persistence function.
- New-ElevatedPersistenceOption – Configure elevated persistence options for the Add-Persistence function.
- Add-Persistence – Add persistence capabilities to a script.
- Install-SSP – Installs a security support provider (SSP) dll.
- Get-SecurityPackage – Enumerates all loaded security packages (SSPs).
AntivirusBypass – AV doesn’t stand a chance against PowerShell!
- Find-AVSignature – Locates single Byte AV signatures utilizing the same method as DSplit from “class101”.
Exfiltration – All your data belong to me!
- Invoke-TokenManipulation – Lists available logon tokens. Creates processes with other users logon tokens, and impersonates logon tokens in the current thread.
- Invoke-CredentialInjection – Create logons with clear-text credentials without triggering a suspicious Event ID 4648 (Explicit Credential Logon).
- Invoke-NinjaCopy – Copies a file from an NTFS partitioned volume by reading the raw volume and parsing the NTFS structures.
- Invoke-Mimikatz – Reflectively loads Mimikatz 2.0 in memory using PowerShell. Can be used to dump credentials without writing anything to disk. Can be used for any functionality provided with Mimikatz.
- Get-Keystrokes – Logs keys pressed, time and the active window.
- Get-GPPPassword – Retrieves the plaintext password and other information for accounts pushed through Group Policy Preferences.
- Get-GPPAutologon – Retrieves autologon username and password from registry.xml if pushed through Group Policy Preferences.
- Get-TimedScreenshot – A function that takes screenshots at a regular interval and saves them to a folder.
- New-VolumeShadowCopy – Creates a new volume shadow copy.
- Get-VolumeShadowCopy – Lists the device paths of all local volume shadow copies.
- Mount-VolumeShadowCopy – Mounts a volume shadow copy.
- Remove-VolumeShadowCopy – Deletes a volume shadow copy.
- Get-VaultCredential – Displays Windows vault credential objects including cleartext web credentials.
- Out-Minidump – Generates a full-memory minidump of a process.
- Get-MicrophoneAudio – Records audio from system microphone and saves to disk.
Mayhem – Cause general mayhem with PowerShell.
- Set-MasterBootRecord – Proof of concept code that overwrites the master boot record with the message of your choice.
- Set-CriticalProcess – Causes your machine to blue screen upon exiting PowerShell.
Privesc – Tools to help with escalating privileges on a target, including PowerUp.
- PowerUp – Clearing house of common privilege escalation checks, along with some weaponization vectors.
- Get-System – GetSystem functionality inspired by Meterpreter’s getsystem
Recon – Tools to aid in the reconnaissance phase of a penetration test, including PowerView.
- Invoke-Portscan – Does a simple port scan using regular sockets, based (pretty) loosely on nmap.
- Get-HttpStatus – Returns the HTTP Status Codes and full URL for specified paths when provided with a dictionary file.
- Invoke-ReverseDnsLookup – Scans an IP address range for DNS PTR records.
- PowerView – PowerView is series of functions that performs network and Windows domain enumeration and exploitation.
PowerSploit makes use of PowerShell, due to its ability to perform a wide range of low-level tasks without the need to use malicious executables on the disk, evading antivirus products. Most scripts in PowerSploit are individual in nature, without the need of any external dependencies. This means that, you do not have to download the complete PowerSploit framework on the remote machine.
PowerSploit v3.0.0.zip or PowerSploit v3.0.0.tar.gz can be downloaded here.